Battle Grounds League Forums

Battle Grounds 2 League Discussion

You are not logged in.

Announcement

BGL is currently inactive. Forum Registrations are closed. If you need to contact BGL Administrators, please message Slash on the bgmod forums at http://www.bgmod.com/forums/

#1 2010-05-28 21:14:41

Tribal

What is BGCL?

- Call me upon your constellation, oh setter please if you find once.

#2 2010-05-28 21:43:44

Re: What is BGCL?

Last edited by Commander James (2010-05-28 22:41:59)

#3 2010-05-28 21:54:37

analord

nations cup ftw, would be fuckin awesome if that would happen at some time

I am writing this to notify you that there is someone posing as me in BG2. This person has been telling some recruits they are either kicked or promoted and this is a outright lie.
Posted by Stalker on  Sunday 27 June 2010 - 16:45:48

#4 2010-05-29 03:31:20

Tribal

Ok, yes I knew all this and a I love the 5 different abreviations for them.

Just asking because it shows a user joined named "BGCL Bot." Must be a trap.

#5 2010-05-29 13:39:14

Plexi

#6 2010-05-29 14:30:43

Spartacus

BGCL (I'm probably going to change the name, cause I forgot this abbreviation existed before) is a league that I, and a friend, Machiavelli coded.
Most of the description already exists on the website, but for those that don't feel like going there I'll explain it here.

The BGCL system generates four teams, consisting of five players in each teams. The teams are generated from the player pool, and meet each other every weekend to fight.
The teams are generated by skill, trying to get the teams as even as possible and thus preventing one team totally dominating another.

The purpose of BGCL is to kill as many enemies as possible, and capture as many flags as possible. Thus, the player's stock does not get affected if your team loses. Your stock almost only depends on the amount of damage you cause, and the amount of flag captures you make.

I hope that this league will show an accurate picture of people's skill level, and might raise the competitive level higher.

This league will show a lot of different player statistics for each match:
1) It shows how many flag caps each player did
2) It shows how much damage each player caused
3) It shows how many Caps / min each player did
4) It shows how much Damage / min each player caused
5) Generates graphs of players damages and scores

At the moment, I've decided that two teams meet at 17.30 gmt, and the two other teams meet each other 18.30 gmt time.(So it doesn't crash with BGL, or LBC). But I will probably change the 18.30 match time to Wednesdays at 20.00 gmt time, so players that can not play on sundays, can still participate in the league.

I want BGCL in no way, to remotely try to replace BGL. This is an effort to strengthen the EU, BG2, and BGL community as a whole. I hope that this league will get pubbers and linebattle people to become more interested in skirmish and clan play. If that succeeds, perhaps the clans in BGL will get new members that will contribute a lot to the community.

And I do admit that I've taken a lot of inspiration from BGL while creating this league, for example I've created a similar Bot that predicts team wins, and the most valuable player in each team.
This is not intended to offend BGL, or anyone else. It's simply an attempt from Machiavelli's, and my side to make the BG2 more alive, and get more players into the BGL.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

EDIT: One night while I was coding, I was a tad drunk, and I mistakingly registered the BGCL Bot on this page instead of on the BGCL forums. That's why it's here. I tried to delete it, but that function didn't exist. Slash or any other admin is welcome to remove it.

Last edited by Spartacus (2010-05-29 14:37:30)

"Spartacus I hope your mom dies today" - King Zippo                                                 "you used weapon speed hack and a rangehack for melee" - |12.Iftr| Col. Eagle
"Alpina can u share your hack program plz ?" - Judge Dredd                                        "lets all leave they are cheaters" - |13. Sc. Reg| Lol Blinky
"bye bye cheaters" - {3e RGF} Gen. Tambour de Garde

#7 2010-05-29 14:34:06

can I play in this league ?

#8 2010-05-29 14:38:02

Spartacus

Anyone is.
Just gotta follow the rules, that I have not typed up yet. I will do it today.

"Spartacus I hope your mom dies today" - King Zippo                                                 "you used weapon speed hack and a rangehack for melee" - |12.Iftr| Col. Eagle
"Alpina can u share your hack program plz ?" - Judge Dredd                                        "lets all leave they are cheaters" - |13. Sc. Reg| Lol Blinky
"bye bye cheaters" - {3e RGF} Gen. Tambour de Garde

#9 2010-05-29 15:22:07

bubbles

Very nice idea - quite excited about this.

#10 2010-05-29 15:29:11

analord

pls allow flaming <3

I am writing this to notify you that there is someone posing as me in BG2. This person has been telling some recruits they are either kicked or promoted and this is a outright lie.
Posted by Stalker on  Sunday 27 June 2010 - 16:45:48

#11 2010-05-29 18:22:59

Slash
BGL Head Admin

#12 2010-05-29 18:31:12

Tribal

Mmm only 20 players? That sucks.

And if you can, how does one get added to the player pool?

Last edited by Tribal (2010-05-29 18:32:38)

#13 2010-05-29 19:19:23

Haters gonna hate
I signed up

Board footer