Battle Grounds League Forums

Battle Grounds 2 League Discussion

You are not logged in.

Announcement

BGL is currently inactive. Forum Registrations are closed. If you need to contact BGL Administrators, please message Slash on the bgmod forums at http://www.bgmod.com/forums/

#1 2010-05-18 20:27:31

Slash
BGL Head Admin

Open Dispute System

What does everyone think of a new system for resolving disputes, which will work like this:

1) After a match, if you have a dispute, you will go to a page on the BGL website. You will choose which match the dispute applies to and provide a detailed description of what you are disputing.

2) A BGL Admin will review the dispute and post the summary of the dispute on a "Dispute" subforum on these forums. The forum will not be open for discussion. Only admins will be able to post or reply on the forum.

3) If the BGL Admin needs additional information (demos, logs, etc), he will contact the people in question via Steam/IRC/email/whatever

4) The final ruling, including facts which lead to the decision, will be posted on the associated dispute thread.

This way, there is a log of past disputes and the rulings, available as part of the public record. But, the act of dispute resolution itself is not open to discussion (see: flaming, spamming).

Thoughts?

#2 2010-05-18 21:47:22

TIEdup14

Re: Open Dispute System

It's an alright idea, but most disputes are irrelevant with the fact that once a match starts it cant be overturned.  Unless there are some disputes that would not fall under that umbrella that I am seeing?

#3 2010-05-18 22:30:03

Agent

#4 2010-05-18 22:36:11

Slash
BGL Head Admin

Most of the flaming on the old forums was in regards to rules and people not following or enforcing them. Any of these would come from disputes of some sort, which would be documented on the forums. Rather than "This happened and that happened and the admin did this and they are biased" and "cool story bro".

#5 2010-05-18 22:46:30

Agent

Then yes id agree with having documented disputes. Bc they are not being followed and enforced.

#6 2010-05-18 22:47:59

TIEdup14

Well I guess we can give it a shot Slash if you think it will do some good.

As to the image Agent posted, it's inaccurate for a myriad of reasons, which I'll go into if necessary at the appropriate time/venue.

Just curious Slash-- would there be any punishment if a BGL member intentionally attempts to make a team's player forfeit a match on purpose?  Assume this could be proven with chat logs, screen shots, etc.

#7 2010-05-18 23:07:44

Agent

As to the post i posted. That was not made by me. Just passing it along.

And are you referring to your little ploy with Cruve leaving the. "two week wait rule" lifted. Joins AP. Then leaves for 7min of the title match vs the. Then two mins after the match ends he rejoins the? All by the wishing of his leader? Ohh yeah that happened.     As the question stands. Did Cruve do anything against OWN? No he played his match. All 40 mins of it. So if I told him to RQ the match and he didnt, should it have an affect on anything. If I told you to jump off a bridge tied, would you do it? So thanks for bringing it up. And bringing to the attnetion of Slash that you HAVE done what you are trying to bring up.

#8 2010-05-19 00:18:56

Klifsnider

Stay tuned for another episode of "The NA bgl is messed up: Flame Season 2"

#9 2010-05-19 00:51:08

Tribal

Sorry Slash you can't ask a question without these two raging some more, great job to start the reasons why the BGL section was taken off the main forums, again. Who would have guessed you two would be the first to start crying about the rules, but it's ok the players havn't changed for BGL since '08. Having a problem with the other person who leads one of the only 2 or 3 clans that think BGL is their life is normal, don't worry, nothing wrong with your minds.

- Call me upon your constellation, oh setter please if you find once.

#10 2010-05-19 02:14:02

Agent

You are right Tribal. This is my last post.

#11 2010-05-19 02:31:10

Slash
BGL Head Admin

#12 2010-05-19 02:40:28

TIEdup14

Fair enough, thanks for the prompt reply wink

#13 2010-05-19 03:11:50

Death
Former Admin

How will History Remember You

#14 2010-05-19 04:57:34

Ad-Man

Last edited by Ad-Man (2010-05-19 05:11:34)

#15 2010-05-19 05:41:41

Codename:V

I think we are getting off subject already. I think it's a great idea Slash. All this BS that's already started in this thread wouldn't have to happen. I think the fact that you posting a thread about this and them flaming in it proves that it's a good idea.

Also I want my beta tester title on the bgl site plz and ty.

#16 2010-05-19 06:07:03

Ad-Man

On the Cruve issue:

So a week he played on counts as a wait week?  Seems wrong to me, but what do I know I'm just a troll.

On the "you started, it stands policy":
This seems in very bad taste.  It's basically making clans distrust  each other.  Check roster, check steam ids, check names.  Some leaders are even so paranoid they have lists of IP's they like to check against!

This rule also allows people to take advantage of other teams trust.  It's implying that if you break the rules its fine as long as no one notices before the config is run.

Personally I think it should be up to clan leaders to keep their OWN team in line, make sure they stick to the rules.  If they get caught breaking the rules before during or after the match they get the deserved punishment.

Sorry for the offtopicness.

I like the idea of public viewing of disputes.  I would also like to see a thread for players to post their opinions on the disputes, separate to the admin only one.   I think this would allow the admins to gauge the general consensus of the players about each issue.

Last edited by Ad-Man (2010-05-19 06:07:43)

#17 2010-05-19 08:20:24

TaxPayer

Yes an open discussion would be better than nothing, but in the end it is still up to the "Admins" as you say. Well really that is just Death, who is a pawn of Tie, who leads "the",father clan of IYM, etc. So ya we can post our troubles but nothing will be done about them, sure we might feel somewhat placated by such a trivial gesture, but really you are offering us nothing once again, and nothing more. How about creating a check system for the Admin? Maybe have 3 admins? Or 1 admin who does not have a clan affiliation? No that would be real change, though we all know that is not the root problem, you just want things your way. Which is fine until everyone else is fed up with it.

#18 2010-05-19 08:26:09

TaxPayer

Oh and thanks for closing my topic slash, from your response I was able to gather that you didn't receive  the facts, so your in the dark and had no business closing the topic......... For all your talk about open discussion you sure closed my first attempt really damn fast. I hope you know that actions speak louder than words.

Last edited by TaxPayer (2010-05-19 08:26:28)

#19 2010-05-19 11:39:21

TIEdup14

#20 2010-05-19 12:46:29

good job slash moving all this trash away from the bgmod forum ,

and omg guys get a life!!!

except for tribal who already found a new life!!!  Heil Tribal!!!

#21 2010-05-19 16:32:58

TaxPayer

#22 2010-05-19 19:36:32

Slash
BGL Head Admin

#23 2010-05-19 22:31:09

MPC

NA BGL should watch and learn after the EU BGL. We at EU love each other  tongue

Back to topic:

Yes I agree slash, this is a great idea!

#24 2010-05-26 04:31:44

TIEdup14

So is this dispute system in place yet?

#25 2010-05-26 07:14:14

Codename:V

I thought you were done reading these boards tied?

Board footer