Battle Grounds League Forums

Battle Grounds 2 League Discussion

You are not logged in.

Announcement

BGL is currently inactive. Forum Registrations are closed. If you need to contact BGL Administrators, please message Slash on the bgmod forums at http://www.bgmod.com/forums/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lordslash5/forums.battlegroundsleague.com/include/parser.php on line 821

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lordslash5/forums.battlegroundsleague.com/include/parser.php on line 821

#1 2010-05-26 04:17:59

News Bot

News: New BGL CFG, "Quick Scope Exploit"

A new server bgl.cfg has been made available on the Files page. Please download it and install it on your server before this week's matches. The only change to the file was the addition of BGL's log server. Game servers will automatically send a copy of the server's log file to log.battlegroundsleague.com for the duration of the match. This is required for all BGL servers.

Recently, there has been talk of a "quick scope exploit". This exploit scripts the actions of bringing up the iron sight, and then firing, in one quick action. The BG developers are already aware of this and are working on a fix. From the league's perspective, this is considered an exploit, and is therefore not legal in BGL play. Do not use any scripts which automate the action of bringing up the iron sight and firing. These actions must be bound to separate keys.

Posted by: Slash
Source: http://www.battlegroundsleague.com/news.php

#2 2010-05-26 07:43:26

Codename:V

Re: News: New BGL CFG, "Quick Scope Exploit"

Good Job Slaysh cool

#3 2010-05-26 12:29:47

Klifsnider

Exploiting time is over bro clan noobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 2010-05-26 12:50:14

analord

hahaha fu, you will never find my hacks

I am writing this to notify you that there is someone posing as me in BG2. This person has been telling some recruits they are either kicked or promoted and this is a outright lie.
Posted by Stalker on  Sunday 27 June 2010 - 16:45:48

#5 2010-05-26 13:58:15

MPC

Added it to the TRR server!

1:19 - -[TRR]- Pte. Plexi: BG2 is coming to OSX
1:19 - -[TRR]- Pte. Plexi: Steve Blowjobs is taking over the world
1:19 - -[TRR]- Pte. Plexi: noooooo

#6 2010-05-26 16:52:43

crymore

but i can still do that on my own right? example: bring up my ironsight nano seconds before shooting? if it makes any difference my iron sight is bound to F.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lordslash5/forums.battlegroundsleague.com/include/parser.php on line 748

#7 2010-05-27 00:45:01

Slash
BGL Head Admin

crymore wrote:

but i can still do that on my own right? example: bring up my ironsight nano seconds before shooting? if it makes any difference my iron sight is bound to F.

Yes, that is OK. There is no way the league could possibly enforce a rule along the lines of "You must wait .3 seconds before firing when brining up the iron sights". Personally, I don't think this exploit is a big issue because it's not exactly difficult to do this without a script (F key, then mouse1 quickly).

#8 2010-05-27 01:07:08

Tribal

That's when the certain amount of skill/practice comes into the match. If you're good at doing it quickly, than that's fine. But, I think using a script to do it for you is unfair, of course.

- Call me upon your constellation, oh setter please if you find once.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lordslash5/forums.battlegroundsleague.com/include/parser.php on line 748

#9 2010-05-27 01:24:30

crymore

Tribal wrote:

That's when the certain amount of skill/practice comes into the match. If you're good at doing it quickly, than that's fine. But, I think using a script to do it for you is unfair, of course.

i would definetly concur with this statement.

#10 2010-05-27 01:38:37

TIEdup14

For those saying there is no way to tell if you are using the script; that's not entirely true:

If you look at a demo, you'll see a player do the "half-ironsight" animation and then bring their rifle right back down without shooting, if a player attempts to quickscope fire too soon after a reload.  There's no way to simulate that with manual play.

#11 2010-05-27 01:43:41

Tribal

Maybe not TIEdup14, if I would have played BG2 in the past 2-3 weeks I would have looked at this by now to see.

But, you should mainly trust Slash and DEATH with this. If there is anyone who still wants to use it after it's been stated against the rules, then let them, it just shows they can't play fairly, and they'll get caught. Hopefully as Nathan Hale posted it will be fixed with a patch to the game anyway, so don't worry to much.

#12 2010-06-03 20:01:13

hairypotter

It's about as much of an exploit as lerping.
Don't script me bro.

#13 2010-06-04 05:50:02

Tribal

I was wonding why alot of people were becoming destrought about some "lerp" thing. Every server on BG2 has forced, different and terribad rates anyway.

Board footer