Battle Grounds League Forums

Battle Grounds 2 League Discussion

You are not logged in.

Announcement

BGL is currently inactive. Forum Registrations are closed. If you need to contact BGL Administrators, please message Slash on the bgmod forums at http://www.bgmod.com/forums/

#1 2010-05-25 04:59:45

Codename:V

"CS quick scope"

It was just recently brought to my attention that a certain someone thinks Bro Clan is using some kind of exploit. Surprise, surprise. Every time we win we're either breaking a rule or cheating. I was kindly given this "bind" or "script" or whatever the hell you want to call it and I think it's hilarious. I was wondering if it's illegal to use in bgl. For all those retards out there that think Bro Clan is using this script I will gladly share my demos with you as I'm sure the rest of my clan will. I have never even used the stupid iron sights since they put them in the game. I would like an official response though on whether this is allowed in bgl play. Thank you. <:)

The script is: bind mouse1 "ironsights; wait; wait; wait; +attack; wait; wait; ironsights; wait; wait; -attack"

Last edited by Codename:V (2010-05-25 05:00:49)

#2 2010-05-25 06:03:06

Sniper

Re: "CS quick scope"

i can scope with a pistol?

#3 2010-05-25 07:42:06

Tribal

You can scope with your eyes on the prize, know what I mean?... No you don't, maybe next time sunny.
Also thanks for sharing, Codename:Vee.

- Call me upon your constellation, oh setter please if you find once.

#4 2010-05-25 11:25:03

Death
Former Admin

there was one in bg1 to and it worked

bind "SHIFT" "force_centerview;+attack;wait;-attack"

bind "MOUSE2" "force_centerview;+attack2;wait;-attack2"

Did HP give that to u, that sly old dog

How will History Remember You

#5 2010-05-25 12:04:48

TIEdup14

Ok, please send your demos plus the rest of your clan's demos to: tiedup14 (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks smile

#6 2010-05-25 17:54:03

Nathan Hale

We're looking into fixing this so that you have to actually use the IS to get the IS level accuracy. It isn't hacking per se, but more an omission on the team's part to adequately ensure you use the IS to get the accuracy. When coding and testing this, we probably should have looked more deeply into this possibility-- that is the use of the CS style quick scope. It's yet another thing that needs fixing now. We'll give this priority and perhaps we can do a hotfix for it.

Last edited by Nathan Hale (2010-05-25 17:55:19)

#7 2010-05-25 18:36:40

I'll send you mine but you'll have to talk to the other people if you want theirs.

#8 2010-05-25 19:04:34

I will send them to LagAvenger. He can give them to you sugar.

#9 2010-05-25 19:31:07

P.S. I only sent him my 1st half demo because I figure you only need 1 half to realize I don't use iron sights.

#10 2010-05-25 19:53:02

Also no problem Tribal. You can thank LagAvenger though, not me. He claims "he was getting shot a lot" during our match and wondered if this quick scope thing worked which is what made him test it. Apparently it does!

#11 2010-05-25 20:52:08

jackx

As Grantelbot, through careful research and in his infinite wisdom (he looked at the relevant accuracy code once) has found out, the effectiveness of this method of shooting is mostly due to the accuracy value for shooting on the move with the ironsights being fairly high, and significantly better than accuracy while standing still without the ironsights.

Not sure as what this qualifies, as it doesn't really require any special effort to benefit from/take advantage of this... just thought I'd throw that find in here, as it might be relevant.

#12 2010-05-25 21:22:47

Tribal

No contendencies for one line Mr. Codename:Vee. By the way, the one line is your imagination, trust me.

Good job with you and the gospelious hamburgular also to win your BEEGEEEEL title! Next goal, invent "earth"?
lolly.

Last edited by Tribal (2010-05-25 21:25:41)

#13 2010-05-25 23:45:04

Slash
BGL Head Admin

Using a script to scope and fire in this manner will be considered an exploit in BGL and therefore, not allowed. It creates an unfair advantage by completely bypassing a gameplay balancing mechanism meant to give you a risk/benefit choice when firing weapons, while not adding any competitive depth (some "bugs" in other games may bypass a gameplay mechanism, but create more depth in a competitive environment, making them desirable).

Of course, you can just scope and fire very quickly, there is no way to realistically make that illegal, but you cannot script that action.

#14 2010-05-26 00:04:49

Ad-Man

What if i bind my scroll wheel to ironsights and attack?  Is that legal?

Last edited by Ad-Man (2010-05-26 00:07:20)

#15 2010-05-26 00:21:34

Tribal

What Slash is saying is, that you CANNOT use a binded key to commit that action at once. No matter if you use one of the mouse bottons or the mouse wheel, or just anything.

He cannot stop you from doing it though, and it may be hard to tell if you do it anyway or just use the iron-sight, then shoot the gun after that, but it's unfair to use while playing a match, because you're getting better acuracy without sacrificing your speed and time.

Don't ask any more "what if", OK?!

Last edited by Tribal (2010-05-26 00:22:10)

#16 2010-05-26 00:31:02

Ad-Man

scrollup and scroll down are treated as different actions.  I also have a scroller on my keyboard.

#17 2010-05-26 00:51:28

Tribal

Ok, please change your name to Scroll-Man, because you even scrolled your own scrolls while you were scrolling what you just typed, get it?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lordslash5/forums.battlegroundsleague.com/include/parser.php on line 821

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lordslash5/forums.battlegroundsleague.com/include/parser.php on line 821

#18 2010-05-26 01:04:37

Kieth

Angry Tribal >:D

#19 2010-05-26 01:56:35

Ad-Man

All I am saying is I can do pretty much what that bind does just without stacking commands.

#20 2010-05-26 02:36:58

Tribal

That's the same as somone pressing the key to use iron sight, then clicking, so what's your point?

#21 2010-05-26 02:39:56

Tribal for bgl admin!

#22 2010-05-26 03:04:51

TIEdup14

Tribal pwning this thread!!!

#23 2010-05-26 03:07:31

Tribal

That would be an invalidity of every person here's ployous goals and overall direction they wish to follow. Me becoming BEEGEEEEEL admin will ultimately destroy the very souls of it's participants.

The last thing Slash needs is for his group of players to turn into petrified personalities.

#24 2010-05-26 10:38:33

Ad-Man

I'm saying using my scroll wheel is much faster than pressing keys.

#25 2010-05-26 12:11:28

TIEdup14

Also Code, stop acting like you're innocent.  I have a demo of dilly obviously using this script.

Board footer