Battle Grounds League Forums

Battle Grounds 2 League Discussion

You are not logged in.

Announcement

BGL is currently inactive. Forum Registrations are closed. If you need to contact BGL Administrators, please message Slash on the bgmod forums at http://www.bgmod.com/forums/

#51 2010-05-27 00:45:44

Ad-Man

Re: "CS quick scope"

Well it would be nice if the rules covered what would happen if you broke them.  Rather than, "Oh I will make up something and get back to you".

#52 2010-05-27 00:49:05

Tribal

Obviously you know 99% what will happen, look at the past when people broke rules like this. You've seen it, most people here has. It's not hard to figure out.

- Call me upon your constellation, oh setter please if you find once.

#53 2010-05-27 00:53:17

Ad-Man

I know what *should* happen, but recently it seems not to be the case.

#54 2010-05-27 00:56:55

Tribal

Join in IRC with Slash and DEATH and just talk to them about it like a civilized person. I guarantee you, if they're there, they will listen and talk with you if you don't start insulting people and typing accusations.

Not saying you'll start insulting/accusing people that but, "recently that's the case" with people here lol.

Last edited by Tribal (2010-05-27 00:59:09)

#55 2010-05-27 00:59:37

Ad-Man

Heh, I've insulted no one and made no accusations.  Also my mum banned me from irc after she saw my logs from #teens.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lordslash5/forums.battlegroundsleague.com/include/parser.php on line 821

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lordslash5/forums.battlegroundsleague.com/include/parser.php on line 821

#56 2010-05-27 01:03:29

Tribal

You probably didn't see that I edited how I worded that, sorry. Also.

http://www.mibbit.com/

Click "Launch Mibbit WebChat", then you just pick the IRC server, then type in a nick and the channel.

In this case go to ICR: GameSurge then type in a nick and channel #bgl.

Last edited by Tribal (2010-05-27 01:04:40)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lordslash5/forums.battlegroundsleague.com/include/parser.php on line 748

#57 2010-05-27 01:20:12

Slash
BGL Head Admin

Ad-Man wrote:

Well it would be nice if the rules covered what would happen if you broke them.  Rather than, "Oh I will make up something and get back to you".

It's impossible to write rules for every possible thing you could do, with the punishment. There are an infinite number of ways to be a total douchebag, all of which are illegal, but I am not going to sit around thinking all of them up. I would suggest not acting like a douchebag, then you don't have to worry about the rules, nor the punishments!

Do you really expect there to be a rule for quick scoping, when it wasn't popular until a few days ago? Or a general "punishment" for exploits? Not all exploits are equal. If there was a map exploit where you could spam cannon fire that nuked the entire enemy team over and over for 30 minutes, making it impossible to play, wouldn't you think that should be treated a little differently than if someone jumped on some barrels to get a shortcut through a map (assuming it was never intended to work that way)?

Or the TF! match, for example, where these noobs thought it was cool to spam mm1 with name changes? Should there be a rule for that? "If your team uses a script to change your name in rapid succession, spamming mm1 throughout the match like douchebags, you will be kicked out of the league"?

There are a lot of stupid things you can do which I would not consider appropriate for clan play, which aren't in the rules, but should be obvious to anyone that isn't a total troll. There are also things which you can't do that are explicitly stated in the rules, but depending on the severity of the rule infraction and it's effect on the match, the punishment could vary drastically.

#58 2010-05-27 01:27:56

TIEdup14

pwned

#59 2010-05-27 01:30:05

crymore

awesome glad this is finally sorted out sillies BTW happy birthday klif if i dont see ya friday!.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/lordslash5/forums.battlegroundsleague.com/include/parser.php on line 748

#60 2010-05-27 01:32:25

Slash
BGL Head Admin

Codename:V wrote:

I don't see anything in the rule about good sportsmanship.

I do!

BGL Rules wrote:

The BGL is very concerned about the preserving the very highest standards of matchplay and sportsmanship. Any player caught hacking in any game, in or out of a match is considered a cheater and is not welcome in the BGL.

Although, in reality, I am not going to babysit the clan community. I don't care if you fight like children or if you don't like each other. But if "poor sportsmanship" starts affecting league operations, then I may take action. The only notable example is removing Agent5 from BGL Admin because his continued participation in clan flamewars.

#61 2010-05-27 01:34:52

Tribal

It's been sorted out since the first page of post, but people insist on asking more questions that are useless and trying to win over another. When, they could just go read the rules and learn from the past.

#62 2010-05-27 03:09:58

Death
Former Admin

Ad-Man wrote:

These are the rules for the BGL. They are designed to ensure everyone has fun. They are hopefully specific enough to cover every issue that may come up, however in instances where the rules cannot give a solution to the problem, the final say is in the hands of the BGL admins.

How will History Remember You

#63 2010-05-27 03:59:16

Sauce

TIEdup14 wrote:

Do you all really lead such an anti-social lives that you cant comprehend the concept of good sportsmanship?

Hint: It's more than just typing "gg" after a match.

You forgot the part where you leave the server the second the match is over. Instead of hanging around and talking and having good "sportsmanship". Then again, must be the rush to change the server name and accuse highly skilled players with using some nub ass gimmicks.

Btw, grats on being 100% legal now. But also keep in mind 16 can get you 20.

Last edited by Sauce (2010-05-27 04:04:25)

#64 2010-05-27 04:18:27

TIEdup14

Why on earth would I want to stay around and "talk" with troll players who obviously have a grudge against me???  Seriously, you post like you have absolutely no basis with reality in your head.

Pie, do you ever get sick of not being relevant?  I mean you came all the way over here to post on a topic you have absolutely nothing to do with, and about which you know absolutely nothing about.

Figured there must be some reason behind it.

Oh well, I guess now we just need Agent to pipe up in here and we'll have completed the troll menagerie!

Last edited by TIEdup14 (2010-05-27 04:19:57)

#65 2010-05-27 04:24:20

Agent

No Im good, but thanks for wanting me to comment on something youve said.

#66 2010-05-27 04:43:13

dilly

TIEdup14 wrote:

Why on earth would I want to stay around and "talk" with troll players who obviously have a grudge against me??? 
-insert trolling by tie-

np

#67 2010-05-27 04:57:28

Codename:V

TIEdup14 wrote:

I mean you came all the way over here to post on a topic you have absolutely nothing to do with, and about which you know absolutely nothing about.

While it was bro clan's blatant use of the quickscope in our match that first alerted us to the problem

Talk about a fucking hypocrite. Unless you have any proof that we "blatantly" exploited, you seriously need to shut the fuck up. You have no proof of anything so stop accusing the GOOD players of exploiting just because you got beat. Every time we play you there's something that we did wrong. It's unbelievable how much of a girl you are. You were calling me out during our match for spraying bodies after I killed. It's not even against the rules (yet) and if a simple spray paint that says "suck it" really gets to you that much, you should consider putting the fucking game down and focusing on your real issues in life.

Also, it's great to see what a great job the new moderators are doing on these forums. They don't know when to close threads. Congratulations on making a new forum that's already worse than the old one. As much as you all hate Agent and all the other Dev members, at least they closed topics in a timely fashion. They didn't let Tie come in a thread and "blatantly" call out a clan for cheating when there was "never even an accusation".

#68 2010-05-27 05:33:52

Tribal

I agree this thread should be, because the issue has already been taken care of. Yet, people are still throwing insults at one another, because they have the chance.

"Congratulations on making a new forum that's already worse than the old one."
Mostly what I read of what you posted is using multiple explitives and situations to bring somone down. "Talk about a fucking hypocrite," huh?

Yes, Slash should have closed this thread already, but instead of him doing that he decided to keep letting people post their rage. Atleast he can keep it all in one topic instead of having new ones being created.

If you all feel this dissapointed about the person you're playing against or the rules, then go into IRC and talk to Slash and DEATH there.

+ TIEdup14, don't be mad at people spraying the ground in-game after they get a kill. That's what I did during the match with The. vs [GsT] and that was one of their reasons to try and get The. clan to forfeit and to get me banned from BGL. But, we know complaining about stupid things like that only back-fire on you five times worse.

#69 2010-05-27 05:40:37

I'm swearing now because those morons don't know how to close a thread. I said to close it far before any of this started. And don't pull up the past Tribal. If we're talking about hypocrites we can say Tiedup is the hypocrite again for letting you spray in the GsT match then whining about it in our recent match. Everything can be twisted both ways. Stop pretending like you aren't a troll and stop posting too. I find it funny you posting telling people to stop posting. You aren't an admin so why are you wasting your time on here telling someone to stop posting when you know they aren't gonna?

#70 2010-05-27 05:45:11

Tribal

First off, I would not have stopped doing the sprays if TIEdup14 told me to and he didn't "let" me do anything, so that doesn't matter.

I'm not telling you to stop posting anything, i'm telling you to talk to the only two people that can solve your problem instead of fueling the flame.

#71 2010-05-27 06:01:45

What would you like me to do? Message Slash and say "Tiedup is accusing our clan of something we didn't do"? He's going to say "ok". Am I supposed to let this moron bash our clan and make all these people think our clan cheats? For someone who wants sportsmanship, he sure doesn't act like it.

Also here is a link to Pall Willeaux's demos. I'll provide them all here as I get them if the thread isn't closed by then.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vrwnus

#72 2010-05-27 06:05:24

Here's my 1st half demo. As I said before I don't think you need 2 rounds to see that I'm not using iron sights at all.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cenon2

#73 2010-05-27 06:08:07

Sniper("Uptied41" on Sunday, now "Gold Leader") played officer the entire match so there's no point in posting his demo.

Last edited by Codename:V (2010-05-27 06:09:32)

#74 2010-05-27 06:10:21

Tribal

Like i've said before, the BGL is always going to have the team that loses their precious title complain. It's so common and so easy to predict when it will happen next. This is old news.

But, I would like to say that I think you did the better half of the two of you by posting the script (lol) on here with some good intentions, but now it's turned into some kind of sick contest to see/say who did this and that. I wouldn't post anyone's demo on here, obviously if TIEdup14 already thinks your whole clan is cheating like you say, it's not going to help and it's wasting your time.

#75 2010-05-27 06:11:45

Slash
BGL Head Admin

Codename:V wrote:

Also, it's great to see what a great job the new moderators are doing on these forums. They don't know when to close threads. Congratulations on making a new forum that's already worse than the old one. As much as you all hate Agent and all the other Dev members, at least they closed topics in a timely fashion.

What moderators? What makes you think moderation would be any better here? Moderation was the exact issue with the bgmod forums. The BGL subforum was too much work for the moderation team. Do you think that the BGL would somehow have more moderators than the bgmod.com forums? Trust me, I didn't create these forums because I thought I could do a better job moderating it. BGL initially had it's own forums and the whole fucking reason I got bgmod.com to host it instead was for the moderation support.

Yes, I could close every topic when flaming happens, but it just spills into other and new threads. It's already happened. I cannot patrol this forum 24/7, I have shit to do. Here's an idea: How about you people stop fighting like children and ignore people when they are trying to get a rise out of you.

I'm closing this topic and I'm sure we'll see more here, or if we are lucky, a new topic completely.

Board footer